Theodore H. Swan Jr.
I am attorney Theodore Swan and I have been providing quality legal representation to clients throughout southeastern Pennsylvania (including Abington, Jenkintown, Willow Grove, Elkins Park, Glenside, Warrington, Hatboro, Huntingdon Valley, Horsham, Rockledge, Doylestown, Norristown, Lansdale, Warminster, and Ambler) for more than three decades. My law office is conveniently located one block south of Abington Hospital in Montgomery County.
My primary practice areas are criminal defense and personal injury. I am a former assistant district attorney for Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. I have tried hundreds of cases in both criminal and civil court. As a former prosecutor, I know how to evaluate your case, how to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of your case and your opponent's case, and how to use those strengths and weaknesses to your advantage.
This legal knowledge and ability has earned me a reputation for legal excellence and a track record of success. I am known throughout Bucks County and Montgomery County for my integrity, skill, and experience. I am well respected by opposing counsel, judges, and my peers for my legal ability and talent, and for being a man of my word.
My clients respect my common sense, straight talk and legal ability. Former satisfied clients, and even police officers have referred friends and family members to me, because they trust me to provide experienced legal services. My clients also appreciate my candor and advice regarding the best way to proceed with each case. In addition, clients appreciate the time I take to explain the law, the process, and their options.
When you need experienced legal representation, whether in a criminal or civil matter - consider hiring me, Montgomery County attorney Theodore Swan as your lawyer. Your freedom and your ability to provide for your family are too important to risk on inexperienced counsel.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Traffic Violations
- Theft/Shoplifting/Receiving Stolen Property
- Disorderly Conduct
- Resisting Arrest
- Robbery Burglary
- Homicide by Vehicle
- Rape & Sex Offenses
- Bad Checks
- Weapons Cases
- Bail Hearings & Probation Violation
- Personal Injury - Car Accidents & Slip & Falls
- Criminal Law - Federal
- Premises Liability
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1971
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1982
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA, U.S.A
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - History
Past Employment Positions
- Montgomery County, Public Defender's Office, 1990 - 2008
- Commonwealth of PA Department of Labor & Industry, Chief Counsel Bureau of Workers' Compensation, 1980 - 1981
- LaSalle University, Instructor, Criminal Law, 1979 - 1980
- Montgomery County PA, Assistant District Attorney, 1973 - 1977
- Montgomery County, PA, Judicial Law Clerk, 1973