Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition In Montgomery County

First-time offenders accused of certain nonviolent crimes may be eligible for a program called Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD). If you qualify for the program, you can avoid a conviction, jail time and a permanent stain on your criminal record. This is important because a conviction is forever and cannot be expunged.

Alternative Sentences For First-Time Offenders Could Be A "Second Chance"

I am attorney Theodore H. Swan, Jr., and I routinely obtain ARD outcomes for people in cases involving DUI, theft crimes and other nonviolent misdemeanors. I have more than 40 years of experience as a defense lawyer in Montgomery County and Bucks County, Pennsylvania. If you qualify for the program, I will do everything I can to see that you benefit from it.

How Does The ARD Program Work?

I have many years of experience working with prosecutors and courts to obtain ARDs for my clients. If it appears that you may qualify for the ARD option, I will file an ARD application and speak with the prosecutor to obtain it for you. The conversation typically includes a discussion of a person's good character, standing in the community and so on.

The ARD program usually lasts a year and involves probation, supervision by a probation officer by phone or computer contact, and community service. Provided you stay out of trouble during probation, you will not receive a conviction. I can then file a petition to obtain an expungement for you.

First-time drug crime offenders in Bucks and Montgomery counties have a similar alternative disposition available. It is called Section 17, and it can enable a first-time drug offender to avoid jail and a permanent conviction. I frequently obtain Section 17 disposition for clients in cases involving drug possession and other drug misdemeanors.

Call to Learn More About ARD

Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition could give you the second chance you need. Contact Theodore H. Swan, Jr., Attorney at Law in Abington at 267-415-6130, or send me an email to learn if the ARD option is available to you.