Helping Individuals In Pennsylvania Face Burglary And Criminal Trespass Charges

Burglary and trespass crimes are taken very seriously in Pennsylvania. If convicted, you may face penalties that include fines and lengthy prison time. If you have been charged with burglary or criminal trespass (or both crimes), talk to a Montgomery County burglary defense lawyer at the law office of Theodore H. Swan, Jr., Attorney at Law.

You Have Options In Your Defense

There may be solid defense options available in your case. As a Bucks County attorney with more than 40 years of criminal defense experience, I will help determine the best option in your case. You may have had permission to enter the property. You may not have known that the property in question was private property. You may have been wrongfully accused of either crime. In any case, I will thoroughly investigate the charges against you and work to achieve the best results on your behalf.

Call 267-415-6130 or email me to arrange a free initial consultation.

What Is Burglary?

Burglary involves entering a building or occupied structure with the intent to commit a crime (unless the premises is open to the public at the time of entry, or the individual is licensed or privileged to enter). The "intent to commit a crime" could involve any offense, from assault to theft, and is a key element to the charge of burglary.

Burglary is a felony of the first degree, carrying a maximum of 10 to 20 years in prison. If no one is present in the building during the burglary, it is considered a felony of the second degree.

What Is Trespass?

Criminal trespass involves willfully entering a building or occupied structure and remaining there unlawfully. Going into someone's home or property without permission may constitute criminal trespass charges. Criminal trespass can be a felony or misdemeanor crime.

Contact An Attorney As Soon As Possible

Talk to an experienced lawyer following charges of burglary, criminal trespass or felony theft. Call 267-415-6130 or contact me online to arrange for a free consultation at my Abington office. I can visit you in jail if you are incarcerated.