A Theft Conviction May Prevent You From Keeping Your Job

A person arrested for a theft crime needs a strong and aggressive defense. Even if the resulting penalties are not severe, having this spot on your record can prevent you from holding many types of jobs.

I am Theodore H. Swan, Jr., an attorney with over 40 years experience in the criminal justice system, protecting those accused of crimes. I have successfully represented numerous clients accused of misdemeanor and felony property crimes in Montgomery County and Bucks County, Pennsylvania. I will work to defend your rights and freedom.

I defend people accused of all types of theft and property crimes, including:

  • Retail theft
  • Shoplifting
  • Exchanging stolen property
  • Receiving stolen property
  • Fraud
  • Theft by deception

Contact my firm for a free consultation. My goal will be to obtain one of four possible outcomes: a dismissal of the charge, an ARD outcome that avoids conviction, a negotiated plea that minimizes penalties or acquittal at trial.

Contacting Me Quickly After An Arrest May Prevent Charges From Being Filed

Immediately after an arrest for a crime, it may be worthwhile for a defense lawyer to initiate a conversation with the prosecutor. As your lawyer, at the least, I can gain an understanding of the strength of the prosecutor's case. At best, I may be able to persuade the prosecutor not to file a charge or to file a lesser charge. There is only a short window of time in which to do this however.

Call me as soon as possible at 267-415-6130. I will begin the defense process immediately.

Avoiding Conviction And Jail

First-time offenders may be eligible for an Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) outcome that enables the offender to avoid jail and eventually clear his or her record. If you are eligible and would like an ARD outcome, I will work with the prosecutor and court to obtain it for you.

Put My Experience To Work For You

Contact Theodore H. Swan, Jr., Attorney at Law, by email or call 267-415-6130 to arrange for a free initial consultation. I can discuss the legal issues in your case and your options.